Resume Writing for Travel Nurses
Looking for your next travel nurse job? Your resume can help you woo a hiring manager. Of course, your interview and professionalism are also critical, but your resume is what will help you get in the door in the first place. If you’re searching for a travel nurse placement in beautiful Rapid City, South Dakota, now is the time to review your resume to be sure it’s in good shape and ready to use. You can do that easily with these travel nurse resume tips.
Five ways to make your travel nurse resume shine
If you’re wondering how to improve your travel nurse resume, one key piece of advice is never let it get outdated. As you have time during each placement, update your resume in preparation for the next one. Remember to add any training or certification you complete or new skills you acquire. Slow and steady wins the race, and working on your resume little by little will help you avoid a last-minute scramble when it’s time to apply for something new. Follow this travel nurse resume advice:
- Start with a summary of qualifications. Hiring managers likely have a stack of resumes to review and will only be able to skim each one. A summary helps you get past this first step. What key skills make you the best travel nurse for the job? Include these details in your summary of qualifications.
- Include keywords. If a hiring manager is scanning resumes electronically, keywords will help you avoid being passed over. Include a few keywords from the job post, or look at similar job postings on monster.com or indeed.com for common terms to use in your resume. You’ll be a Rapid City travel nurse in no time!
- List your experience in chronological order. Starting with your most recent placement, list your travel nurse assignments in order. A hiring manager wants to see what patient populations and care settings you’ve had the most recent experience with.
- Keep formatting simple. Wondering how to write a travel nurse resume? Keep it simple. Your formatting should be clean and easy to read, with only one or two simple fonts. You can improve readability by adding bullet points to highlight key information, if necessary.
- Always, always, always review. This is critical to perfect your Rapid City travel nurse resume! You can showcase your professionalism and attention to detail by submitting a perfect resume. Review for grammar and spelling, and double-check your work. Ask a friend or family member to take a look, as well. You can never be too careful when checking for typos.
Ready to try travel nursing in Rapid City?
If you’re looking to get a travel nurse job in Rapid City, or other cities across the country, including Brooklyn, Austin, Denver or San Diego, check out TaleMed. We specialize in the placement of travel nurses with job opportunities nationwide, and we want to hear from you! To learn more, contact one of our experienced travel nurse recruiters today!