Travel Healthcare Professionals: Use These Strategies to Reduce Stress
Tips that will Help Reduce Stress
Every job has its stressful moments. Travel healthcare is no exception. As you embark on your next placement in Rapid City, South Dakota, do yourself a favor by learning a few stress relief tips. You never know what life may throw your way, but you can be prepared with our seven stress relief tips. Here’s what you need to know before you go!
In everyone’s career there are long days, difficult people or tricky situations—it’s part of life. When you learn how to prevent and reduce stress from building up, you’re doing your health and your career a favor. Try any of the following to breathe a little easier:
- Take care of yourself. By keeping yourself healthy on the inside, you’ll be much better equipped to handle stress on the outside. So eat healthy, with plenty of fresh produce; whole grains; fish; beans and lean meats; and low-fat dairy. Limit salt and processed foods. Also limit caffeine, which can put you on edge. And get plenty of exercise off the clock.
- Lean on your support. Your co-workers can provide guidance and support for your toughest questions. They’ve been the new person once too, and can help you blow off steam and feel better.
- Get enough sleep. A lack of sleep can make anyone’s fuse shorter—so aim for 6–8 hours per night. Keep your room dark and cool, with a comfortable mattress and bedding. And if you brought a pet with you on assignment, keep it outside your room while you sleep.
- Try yoga or meditation. Calming your mind can help you reduce stress—and nothing does this quite like yoga. Look for a class, or try an online session from a website like com. Meditation is something you can do on your own close to bedtime. Just find a quiet spot to stretch out and relax.
- If you’re depressed, reach out. If you’re not quite feeling like yourself, it can help to talk to a professional. Never assume you’ll “just snap out of it.” Always reach out for the help you need.
- Know where to get answers. If you feel you’re dealing with an unreasonable amount of stress, you can always reach out to your recruiter. They can provide answers or direct you to someone who can help.
- Pamper yourself once in a while. Once you’re off the clock, Rapid City is yours to discover. Why not take in the outdoors, go shopping, attend a sporting event or get a pedicure? Decide what you would like to do to unwind—and go do it!
Ready for your next assignment?
Once you’ve mastered a few stress reduction techniques, you’ll be ready to hit the road. And if you’d like to travel to Rapid City or another location—contact TaleMed! We work with travel healthcare professionals to find placements across the country. To learn more, contact us today!