COVID-19 Myths and Facts
There’s been a lot of confusion about COVID-19. This speculation makes life difficult for travel nurses and other healthcare professionals (HCPs).
TaleMed encourages you to keep a level head. Here are important facts and resources to help guide you through the coming weeks.
Busting the Myths
Here are recommendations from leading experts:
- Hot water is better than cold water for washing hands – “When washing hands with soap and water, it’s really the mechanical scrubbing action that’s cleaning your hands. You can use warm or cold water,” says Michael Chang, M.D., assistant professor of pediatrics at McGovern Medical School.
- DIY face masks can replace N95 – “Homemade face masks are not considered personal protective equipment, and should be an option only when there are absolutely no respirators or facemasks left, and used with other protective equipment, such as face shields,” says CDC spokesperson Arleen Porcell.
Just the Facts
Keep yourself and your patients safe by being up to date on this constantly evolving topic:
- NursingCE.com COVID-19 online course – This free online course has the most up-to-date science currently available regarding the pathophysiology, symptomatology and management of COVID-19. The course is available for continuing education credit.
- Everyone is at-risk – This is not just a disease that affects the elderly or those with pre-existing conditions. Although those groups are more vulnerable, the World Health Organization (WHO) advises that people of all ages protect themselves from the virus.
- Patients who have completed quarantine or been released from isolation are likely not contagious – visit the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidance for information about recovery.
TaleMed is here to help you. Our recruiters or Susan Abbott, our Clinical Director, can answer your questions if you ever feel overwhelmed.
The time is now!
If you haven’t traveled with TaleMed, you can take your first step today. Read more about TaleMed’s COVID-19 response and view our COVID-19 crisis jobs.