How the World is Caring for HCPs During the COVID-19 Crisis
The world is battling the COVID-19 pandemic. Nurses and healthcare professionals (HCPs) are out there fighting the good fight.
But the constant vigilance, long hours and worrying can be stressful. How can you stay positive without being overwhelmed?
TaleMed wants to remind you that we’re all in this together. Here are ways that grateful people and organizations across the country are thanking the true heroes of this crisis ― healthcare professionals like you.
Over the next few weeks, TaleMed is preparing and shipping care packages to hospitals and units where our healthcare professionals are working, starting with a hospital here in our home city of Cincinnati. We’re also sending Starbucks gift cards to every traveler.
Lending a Helping Hand Through Donations
View a list of companies that are offering free items and discounts for healthcare professionals during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Hearing about little acts of kindness can also help boost morale. Inspiration and beauty can come from unexpected places:
- Allbirds, the San Francisco-based sustainable footwear company, is donating shoes to anyone who works in healthcare.
- Seattle restaurants and bars, closed for dine-in, are sending food to hospitals like the Swedish Medical Center.
- Medical students are offering to babysit for healthcare workers while daycare and schools are shut down.
- Dallas Mavericks’ Mark Cuban, Luka Doncic and Dwight Powell are donating $500,000 to support healthcare workers’ childcare needs.
- A grassroots army is supplying doctors and nurses with masks and test kits.
- Gaming hardware manufacturer Razer intends to donate up to 1 million surgical masks to global health authorities.
- Northwest Indiana’s trade unions are donating N-95 respirator masks to frontline healthcare workers.
- Talkspace, the online and mobile therapy company, is donating 1,000 months of free therapy to medical workers across the U.S.
Above all, remember to never give up hope. TaleMed appreciates our travel HCPs who are leading the charge. Call us at 800-494-0087 or you can also talk to your recruiter directly if you ever need additional support.
The time is now!
If you haven’t traveled with TaleMed, you can take your first step today. Contact a TaleMed recruiter by calling 800-494-0087 or completing our Quick Application.