How You Can Take COVID-19 Precautions to Protect Your Family
Nurses and other healthcare professionals (HCPs) are on the front lines every day taking care of our communities. With that responsibility comes the increased risk of infection, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic.
As you take COVID-19 precautions at work, it’s important to protect your family members ― some of whom may be elderly or immunocompromised.
Taking COVID-19 Precautions at Home
While you follow all your facility’s COVID-19 precautions, please remember to take additional safety measures at home as well. JAMA recommends the following tips:
- Separate your living spaces and use different bathrooms during the pandemic.
- When you come home from work, take off your shoes, remove and wash clothing, and then shower immediately. This is an optional habit, because the scientific evidence is unclear at this point. However, it’s practical advice that’s probably beneficial to follow.
- Consider changing from personal clothing to hospital-supplied scrubs on arrival and changing back to personal clothes when returning home.
- Follow all surface sanitizing recommendations. We know that you’re fatigued after your shift, so we recommend picking another member of your household to handle this important daily chore.
- Ask all family members to wash hands thoroughly, according to best hygiene practices.
Request COVID-19 Priority Testing
All of us at TaleMed hope that you and your family members don’t exhibit any flu-like symptoms. However, your family members may be able to receive priority for testing, treatment and vaccination when it becomes available. While it’s not guaranteed, we recommend that if you or a family member experiences symptoms that you request testing as another part of your COVID-19 precautions.
As always, we appreciate all that you do to take care of your patients! Please reach out to your TaleMed recruiter for anything you need. We’re here for you!
The time is now!
If you haven’t traveled with TaleMed, you can take your first step today. Contact a TaleMed recruiter by calling 1-800-494-0087, searching and applying for COVID-19 crisis jobs or completing our Quick Application.